OBJECTIVE OF HSWMA
The Hellenic Solid Waste Management Association (HSWMA) is a non-profit
non-governmental organization, founded in the year 2000 and today has more than 500 members. The HSWMA members (Professors, Role-players of Ministries and Local Authorities, research, consulting as well as construction companies, ecological organizations etc.) cover up the Solid Waste Management field.
The objectives of HSWMA are: to promote the adoption of socially and
environmentally acceptable methods for Solid Waste Management, the
development and dissemination of relevant scientific methods and
applications, the protection of the quality of our environment, and the
preservation of natural resources and energy. HSWMA, which is not a
research institute neither a consulting company, shall pursue these objectives by:
1. The exchange of knowledge and experiences between members as well as other institutions of the field.
2. Promoting scientific research and development in the Solid Waste
Management field, securing the necessary funding.
3. The dissemination of scientific knowledge, technological advances and new procedures and practical applications to its members, as well as to the community at large, by means of newsletters, lectures, seminars, expositions, conventions, scientific and technical publications, journals, books, etc.
4. Establishing libraries and archives that will be of use to its members and to the community at large.
5. Publishing relevant announcements, informative newsletters, magazines and books, so as to make knowledge and experience available for its members.
6. Providing advice upon Solid Waste Management matters that are in the
framework of the HSWMA activities.
7. Cooperating with the industrial sector aiming at the development or the
improvement of existing SWM methods, practices and technologies.
8. Cooperating with the Government Departments, which are responsible for the selection, adoption or enforcement of SWM policies, with a view at improving methods and procedures.
9. Developing links and working relations with other national and international organizations, whose activities relate to HSWMA’s activities and objectives.