The members of the Company are distinguished in
The Private Person – Members of HSWMA are distinguished in:
2. Regular and
(1) Honorary members are distinguished persons who have provided exceptional services that promote the Company’s objectives and are accepted by the General Assembly, following a proposal of at least five regular members to the Managing Board and a corresponding positive recommendation from Managing Board.
(2) Regular members are graduates of Greek and foreign Higher Education Schools active in the field of SWM and have enrolled, following submission of a relevant Registration application and corresponding approval by the Managing Board.
(3) Extraordinary members are students of Greek and foreign Higher Education Schools in scientific fields related to the SWM. The Extraordinary Members have enrolled, following submission of a relevant Registration application and corresponding approval by the Managing Board.
The Institutional Members are distinguished in:
1. Public bodies
2. Academic – research bodies
3. Private companies and
(1) Public Bodies are Ministries, General Secretariats, Prefectures, Regional Authorities, Local Government Organizations and others.
(2) Academic – research bodies are Departments, Sectors, or Laboratories of Universities or other Educational Institutes, as well as research organizations or groups, who are scientifically and systematically involved in the issues of
(3) Private Companies include Study and Research Professionals, Solid Waste Disposal Facilities Manufacturers, Equipment Manufacturers and / or Equipment Merchandizers, SWM-Related Software Creators and / or Merchandizers, and private organizations in general, active in and interested in the development of technology and its applications in the field of SWM.
(4) Non-Governmental Organizations include Ecological Organizations, Environmental Protection Organizations, Citizens Associations, and others, the objective of which is also to improve solid waste management systems and to protect environmental quality and natural resources in the context of sustainable development.
Students of Greek and Foreign Universities and Educational Institutes, in scientific fields related to Solid Waste Management may join HSWMA as extraordinary members.